Alex's Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Check Up for Week 36

Today was my first every week check up with my doctor. It was a good appointment and the baby is doing great! We got the test results back for my bacteria check and it's negative! Yahoo!! I don't have to have antibiotics when I go into labor! The baby is measuring well and the doctor estimated that she will be a small baby. Probably only about 6 to 7 pounds. This makes me feel a little better since I won't have to be popping out a huge baby. She will still probably feel huge though when i'm in labor :). I have not dilated much yet which is fine since there are still 4 weeks until my due date. The baby is still in a head down position which is good and boy is she ACTIVE! She likes to move around mid morning and after meals. She also seems to like it when I sing to her, she'll often move around when I sing which is fun. The doctor said that  my weight gain is right on and that i'm drinking enough water and not retaining. Yeah!! I'm glad that Alex is healthy and right where she's supposed to be! Next week she will be considered a full term baby and could technically come any time (although I think that she's content to wait).

No comments:

Post a Comment