Alex's Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Baby Shower

Yesterday was my family baby shower and it was great! Chris' cousin Brittnee made me this beautiful cake that tasted absolutely wonderful! My Mom and cousin Amanda made cookies so, there was plenty of good food for everyone. I was so happy that people from both my family and Chris' were able to attend plus some great family friends. We played a Guess the White Powder Game where the participants had 12 bags of white/off white powders such as flour and baby formula that they had to guess what it was just by looking at the powder. I think that everyone enjoyed the challenge and my cousin Annette won getting 10 out or the 12 powders right. There was also a small game of guessing how many M&M's were in a jar and whoever got closest won the jar of  M&M's. Chris' Aunt Iras won the Peanut Butter M&M's and my Aunt Julie won the Almond M&M's. After the games, I opened the gifts. Alexandria sure was spoiled! She got lots of clothes, bath-time gifts, a Bumpo chair, a diaper bin (I will probably be more excited about that one than she will), blankets, bottles, a nursing pillow, toys, and much more! After presents, we cut into this beautiful cake and talked to for the rest of the time. Thank you so much everyone that came, I know that Alexandria will be well loved when she arrives!






1 comment:

  1. Your shower was fun and turned out great! Danny was thrilled that I took an oreo cookie for him. He's heard about your mom's cookies before from me. It was good to see you again!

    ReplyDelete