Alex's Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Week 47



Week 47 Updates:
1. Alex is ACTIVE with a definite capital A! She is constantly all over the place and I have nicknamed her Hurricane Alex. She loves pulling our DVD's off the shelf as wells as pulling out all of her toys as well as Gir's. She is constantly moving around and loves kneeling by the backdoor looking outside. She is getting really good at crawling and pulling herself up. 
2. She is so happy! When she is fed and not tired, she is constantly laughing, talking, and smiling. She is such a joy to watch!
3. Her favorite objects are her books (her Goodnight Michigan book is her absolute favorite) and she will find them and "read:" them out loud to me. SO DANG CUTE! She will also hide in the corner to read. When she is tired or fussy, she loves it when we sit on the couch together and read, it really calms her down. I am in Mommy heaven!! I hope that she will continue to love books. 
4. I think that Alex has a sixth sense about water. She can always tell where I've hidden Gir's water bowl and makes a b-line for it as soon as she see's it. It sure keeps me (and Gir) on our toes. 
5. She loves riding on Daddy's shoulders and no matter how tired or cranky she is, it always brings a smile to her face.
6. I think that she said her first word. Yesterday, she kept saying something that sounded like Daddy and I've been trying to work on it with her more. It is perfect timing especially since Father's Day is in a couple of days!
7. I am loving this stage of exploration and activity and Alex's powers of observation surprise me everyday. I am so lucky to have her in my life and I can't wait to see what's in store next.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, that is so cute! I am glad Alex likes books and reads to herself. You should try to get that on video! Tomorrow it'll be Alex's 11 months and just 1 more month till she's 1. I can't believe how time has flown!

    ReplyDelete