Alex's Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Stress Test and Doctor Appointment

Today we are officially 1 day past the due date. I was scheduled to have a stress test today to make sure that Alex is healthy and not in distress. Our stress test went well, Alex has plenty of Amniotic Fluid to keep her healthy, and her heartbeat is going strong. We were hooked up to a heartbeat monitor for about 40 minutes tracking her heartbeat. It was pretty neat, and we think that she fell asleep for a while because her heartbeat became pretty regular. After the test we went next door and had a check up with the doctor. My heart rate is still good and my weight gain was normal. I've dilated to a 1 now (progress) and the doctor was able to feel Alex's head (she's dropped). The doctor than scraped membranes in the hopes that it will help me go into labor more quickly. Let's hope it works! If not, I have another stress test scheduled for Friday and if Alex still hasn't come after that, I have been scheduled to be induced Monday evening. I hope that Alex can come on her own, but we shall see...I haven't had any contractions yet. At least we have an end in sight (Monday)!

No comments:

Post a Comment